How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitor in Beddgelert

    If you are unlucky enough to suffer from violent crime, then this can be a very distressing experience for you. At Accident Advice Helpline we are here to help you make a criminal injury claim so that you get the compensation you deserve.

    The CICA

    The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme is for the victims of violent crimes when the assailant is either unknown or unable to pay compensation to their victim. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) administers it.  They are a government-funded body whose job it is to award damages to blameless victims of violent crime when they fit the necessary criteria, which is:

    • You must have been a blameless victim of the crime
    • The incident must have been reported to the police
    • You must have helped the police with their enquiries
    • You must have received medical attention for your injuries
    • The crime must have happened within the last two years, unless you were below 18 at the time when the rules are adjusted slightly

    A solicitor in Beddgelert says you must comply with the nationality rules as well

    You have to meet certain residency or nationality requirements at the time of the incident.  You should be a UK resident or:

    • Be a national of a State party to the Council of Europe Convention on the Compensation of Victims of Violent Crimes
    • Be a member of HM armed forces or an accompanying close relative of a member of HM armed forces.
    • Be a British Citizen or a close relative of a British Citizen
    • Be a national of a member state of the European Union (or a family member of an EU national who has the right to be in the UK)
    • Be a national of a member state of the European Economic Area (or a family member of an EEA national who has a right to be in the UK)

    If you fit the criteria and the nationality requirements, in most cases you would be able to make a criminal injury claim, using a solicitor in Beddgelert.

    The exceptions

    There are some circumstances under which the law does not allow a criminal injury claim to be made and even using a solicitor in Beddgelert would result in no payment being awarded. For example:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • If you have already applied for compensation for this particular injury through this or any other scheme
    • If your injury was inflicted before 1st October 1979 by a family member you resided with
    • If the injury happened after 1st October 1979 and you have continued to live with the person who caused the injury
    • If you did not report the incident to the police
    • If the assailant would in some way benefit from the award

    Providing none of these apply to you, you should be talking to a solicitor in Beddgelert at Accident Advice Helpline about making a criminal injury claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Accident Advice Helpline have been dealing with injuries from accidents and crimes for over 13 years. We have the experience you need for a quick and efficient conclusion to the traumatic experience you have suffered.

    Our advisers are highly trained professionals, who are compassionate and will guide you through the processes of making your criminal injury claim. You can contact them on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim.

    Date Published: 11th March 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.