What kinds of accidents are covered by soft tissue injury claims?
Soft tissue injury claims cover a wide range of injuries that can be caused in a number of different ways. Most soft tissue injury claims involve an accident where a person has possibly suffered:
- A fall – such as a fall from an unprotected balcony or an unmaintained flight of stairs
- A sudden twist – possibly from tripping on a broken curb or slipping on an unsuitable surface
- A blow to a part of the body – as in an impact from a vehicle or a road traffic collision
If you have suffered a soft tissue injury as a result of someone else’s actions or negligence, you are likely to be able to claim compensation for the financial loss, pain and distress caused to you.
What kinds of injuries are covered by soft tissue injury claims?
The injuries covered by claims can involve:
- Sprains – where you suffer an injury to your ligaments
- Strains – an injury to your muscles or tendons
- Contusions – bruising, usually caused by a blow
Of course, these are just a few of the injuries covered. Accident Advice Helpline also works on cases involving complex soft tissue injury cases, such as claims for tendinitis injuries, often sustained in sport activities.
What parts of the body are subject to soft tissue injury claims?
It depends on the type of injury, but here are some of the more common parts of the body impacted:
- Sprains are often sustained on ankles, wrists or knees. These are the areas where your ligaments connect your bones on either side of your joints. A very serious sprain may tear a ligament, which could require surgery.
- Strains involve muscles and tendons, so you are likely to suffer a strain in your leg, foot or groin.
- Contusions or bruises can appear wherever the body sustains a blow.
Can Accident Advice Helpline help?
Yes, Accident Advice Helpline can offer you a full package of support and guidance. Since the year 2000, we have worked on a huge number of soft tissue injury claims. While many cases are straightforward, some of our cases have been complex, but very successfully fought. You may recognise your injury in this guide, but if we haven’t covered your injury here, simply give us a call on 0800 689 0500 (landline) or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.
Our friendly, professional advisers will listen carefully to the circumstances of your injury and give you no-obligation advice on the best options for you. If we are able to help you, we will take your case on a no-win, no-fee basis and match you to a specialist solicitor tailored to your specific needs. Chat to us today.