How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Slipped or tripped in Vale of Glamorgan

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Vale of Glamorgan

    If you have slipped or tripped in Vale of Glamorgan then it is normal for you to feel that you won’t be able to claim compensation for your injuries because you caused the accident yourself. With slipping and tripping accidents, you may have been the person who fell, but there can be a range of factors which contributed to this and which were the fault of another person.

    If you do want to make accident and injury claims after an accident in which you have slipped, tripped or fallen, and sustained serious injuries, here are some of the people who could be at fault for your injuries.

    Your employer

    It is down to your employer to create a comfortable working environment for you where you are safe and able to do your job without any problems.

    This includes ensuring that the ground where you work is safe, unbroken and that any spills are cleaned up right away. If you have slipped, tripped or fallen at work, think about what it is that your employer could have done to prevent this, and if they could have prevented it then you may have a good case for a claim.

    Your local authority

    The local council where you live are supposed to be working towards keeping the area where you live safe and protecting people from accidents. If there is an area of broken, cracked or otherwise dangerous pavement or road, the council should make an effort to get it repaired as quickly as possible.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you feel that they have had ample time to do this but have not, you should be able to claim against them after an accident.

    Shops and restaurants

    One of the most common accidents in shops and restaurants is slipping on wet floors, and the shop owner or staff should make the effort to clean any spills up as soon as possible, and put a wet floor sign down to warn customers of the potential hazard.

    If this has not been done then you may have a case against them.

    How to claim if you’ve slipped or tripped in Vale of Glamorgan

    If you decide that you do want to make a claim after slips, trips and falls, you can do so through Accident Advice Helpline.  You can get advice and support throughout the claims process, find out more about making a claim and get help deciding whether or not you want to make a claim of your own.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline

    So if you slipped or tripped in Vale of Glamorgan, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or text “claim365” to 88010 to make a start on your claim and to be teamed with an experienced injury lawyer who will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis to get you the compensation that you deserve.

    Date Published: 11th July 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.