How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Slip in a public place in Ryedale

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Ryedale

    If you have a slip in a  public place, there is a chance that you will be able to make a compensation claim for your injuries which will help you to recover more easily. Compensation will help you to pay for private medical care if you need it, which can come in useful if you are suffering from serious head or back injuries as a result of your fall.

    Not only this but it can force the person at fault for your accident to make changes to prevent the same thing happening again. Here are some of the people that you may be able to claim against if you do have a slip in a public place.

    The local authority

    In most cases where you have slipped, tripped or fallen in the street, it can only be the local authority which is at fault if you were not at fault for the accident.

    It is up to the local authority to ensure that roads and pavements are safe and hazard-free, and if they have not made changes or fixed problems in the streets in an appropriate amount of time then they are at fault for your accident.

    Property owners

    There may be a fine line here, as you should not be on private property unless you are invited. However, if there is a hazard in someone’s private property which is encroaching on the street, and this causes an accident, you may be able to claim compensation from this person.

    Open Claim Calculator

    An example of this would be if someone has left broken or rusty furniture in their front garden or the street and you have an accident because of it.

    Claiming for a slip in a public place in Ryedale

    If you are able to work out who was at fault for your accident, and decide that you do have a good enough case to make a successful claim, the next thing you need to do is start building your case against them. Accident Advice Helpline can provide you with the help and support you need to put together a strong enough case for a successful claim, as well as teaming you with injury lawyers who are able to make your claim for you, on your behalf.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or you can text “claim365” to 88010 to make a start on your claim, and to be passed over to a lawyer working on a 100% no win no fee* basis to help process your claim.

    Date Published: 27th July 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.