How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Slip in a public place in Blackpool

    If you’ve suffered a slip in a public place in Blackpool, our team at Accident Advice Helpline can help you make a no win no fee personal injury claim. Here’s how we can do it.

    Suffering a slip in a public place in Blackpool

    When you’re out and about in public, you should be able to expect a safe environment in which to be. However, with cut backs to the budgets of local councils this is not always a guarantee. They have been known to cut corners and when that happens mistakes can occur. If they lead to an accident in which you’re injured you should be entitled to claim compensation. You council should have taken out public liability insurance to cover them for any claims made against them and it is from this that you’ll receive compensation if you win your case.

    Making a claim

    Most personal injury claims are heard in the small claims court, if they get that far. In some instances the other side may decide to settle out of court. They do this when they think they have little chance of winning a case. It’s in their interests to stop the claim going any further without having to pay out court fees and other similar expenses. If they do decide to make an offer, you will have to decide whether or not you want to accept it or hold out for something more.

    If they do decide to contest the case, that’s when it goes to court. As in any court of law, you as the claimant will have to provide proof that the defendant (the council in this case) was to blame for the accident. You’ll also have to provide verifiable evidence about the severity of your injuries. This is why it’s a good idea to get a medical assessment. This report can show how badly you have been injured and how this should translate to any compensation claim. You should try to make sure every aspect of your injuries has been accounted for. One of the more common mistakes is to under-estimate the severity of your injuries. If you do this you’ll end up receiving less compensation than you should.

    How we work

    To get a good idea of whether you can make a successful personal injury claim, give our team a call at Accident Advice Helpline. We’ll look into the details of your case and if we can will provide a top notch legal team to help you make a claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    So, if you’ve had a slip in a public place in Blackpool, give our team a call today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 25th July 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.