How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Slip in a public place in Poole

    The team at Accident Advice Helpline are experts when it comes to securing compensation for our clients who have been involved in an accident and suffered injuries as a result. This doesn’t matter whether you have suffered a slip in a public place in Poole or a work based accident – if you were not to blame then you could be due compensation.

    Seeking compensation for a slip in a public place in Poole

    It is possible to secure compensation for a slip in a public place because the owner or manager of the environment is in charge of ensuring it is safe for all who use it. This means that they must do all that they can to protect you, as well as their staff.

    Slips often occur because floors are wet and have not been properly maintained. It could be that there was a spillage in the area and a member of staff has not had a chance to clean it up. While you do have to allow a reasonable amount of time for spillages to be dealt with, after all, they cannot be rectified straight away all the time, if the incident occurred an hour ago it is reasonable to expect it to have been resolved.

    Equally, it could be that a spillage has been cleaned up but the floor remains wet as a result. While there may be nothing that can be done to make the floor less slippery straight away, it is logical that the risk associated with the floor being in this state will be highlighted. It is easy to cordon the area off, or put out a sign warning of the potential danger. If someone has failed to do this and you slip over as a result then there is every chance that you can make a claim for compensation against the building in question.

    Finally it is worth being aware that public areas are not just those that are indoors. You can also slip over on wet patches or even ice patches on paths and car parks. If it is the responsibility of the building management to maintain these areas, perhaps gritting them or providing hand rails to support walkers, and they fail to do this, compensation can be sought.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Speak to Accident Advice Helpline today

    Why not contact Accident Advice Helpline today on either 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out more? We can offer free, no obligation advice to you over the phone before you make your claim.

    Date Published: 27th July 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.