Tips for bone fracture recovery
A fracture is a broken bone, so it is important that you take care of it and do everything you can to recover quickly and well to get full use of whatever you have fractured. If a fracture is not taken care of properly, it could lead to future problems and even limit your mobility in the future.
Here are some tips to follow to heal quickly and easily from your fracture:
- Keep your cast in good condition. This will help to prevent any infection and make sure that the cast is up to the job of supporting your bone while it heals.
- Don’t skip therapy. Physiotherapy can be painful and difficult, which is why anyone recovering from a fracture would love to avoid it, but your physiotherapy is there to make sure that you heal properly and regain full use of that part of your body. If you don’t attend your sessions, then you may be letting yourself in for years of more pain, rather than just a few sessions.
- Be careful with moving around. Remember that you have an injury, so you need to take care of it and not damage yourself any further. If you can get a wheelchair, cane, crutch or something else to help you with walking, you should do so.
- Take your medication. Any medication you have been prescribed will be there to help with your healing, so don’t forget to take it. If you are experiencing any particularly bad side effects then you should tell your doctor to see if there is an alternative. But don’t just come off of medication if you feel that it is not agreeing with you.
- Know your limits. Even when you feel that you are recovering well, know the new limits of your body and observe how you are feeling at all times. If you are feeling too strained, or more pain than you should, slow down or stop.
If you need serious injury lawyers in Rustington
If your fracture was the result of an accident which was not your fault, then you may have a good case for compensation. It is important to use serious injury lawyers in Rustington for any compensation claim, as they will be able to tell you whether you have a good case for compensation and then handle this case to the best of their ability to ensure that your claim is successful.
Accident Advice Helpline have over 15 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims, and will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. Our team can also point you in the direction of our 30 second test online, which should tell you just how much compensation you are likely to receive. The helpline can be reached 24/7 on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 4th November 2013
Author: David Brown