An injury claim because of a cycle accident
Cycling seems to be loved by all generations from toddlers to pensioners. It is one of the most popular activities in the UK and provides pleasure to many as well as sporting opportunities and being able to use them to and from work.
They cost very little to run and help keep you fit, which is all good news. The bad news is that if you are involved in an accident while on your cycle, you could well be injured and need to make a serious injury claim Milford-On-Sea.
The criteria for making a serious injury claim in Milford-On-Sea
There are some criteria you need to fit to be able to make any personal injury compensation claim, these are:
- The accident must have been the fault of someone else
- It should have happened within the last three years
- Medical attention should have been needed for the injuries
If you fit these rules, you may be able to make a serious injury claim in Milford-On-Sea.
How the accidents happen
There are countless ways a cycle accident can happen, just a few are:
- Collision with other road users
- A pothole or bad road surface
- Oil or mud on the road
- Parked car door being opened and smashing into you
How you can reduce the risks
Accidents will happen and all you can do is try and reduce the risk of the accident and the severity of the injuries by:
- Wearing a well fitting good quality safety helmet
- Wearing knee and elbow pads
- Making sure you are bright and easily visible
- Do not ride next to another cyclist making it difficult for motor vehicles to pass you
- Leave enough room when passing parked cars for them to open the car door without it hitting you
How you make a personal injury claim
After a cycle accident, the claim will be made either with an insurance company if another vehicle is involved, or a local authority if the accident was caused by a pothole or bad road surface.
They will provide you with complicated forms, keep asking awkward questions and drag the whole process out.
Much easier just to give Accident Advice Helpline a call on our freephone number 0800 689 0500.
We deal with accidents and injuries all day, every day and to us it is simple – you have had an accident, it was not your fault, you should be compensated. We operate on a no win no fee* basis so you will not have to find any money to start your claim. We only get paid when your case has been won.
For over 16 years since we were established, we have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation to which they were entitled. Let us do the same for you.
Give one of our advisers a call and we will talk through all the details with you and let you know the way forward.