What special damages can you claim for when making a claim for serious injuries in Epping Forest?
Have you been injured as the result of a road traffic accident that was not your fault? Perhaps you were the passenger in a vehicle when the driver hit another car? Maybe you were cycling when you fell off your bike because of a broken pavement? The scenarios vary significantly. Nevertheless, so long as you can prove you were injured because of someone else’s error or negligence you could be able to make an accident claim in Epping Forest.
When making an accident claim in Epping Forest, compensation will be split into two different parts. Firstly, you will receive general damages, designed to compensate you for your injury and suffering. However, aside from this you also have special damages, to compensate you for any out of pocket expenses you have incurred as a result of the incident. Let’s take a look at some examples…
- Prescription and treatment costs – Have you had to pay for medication or treatment? If so, you will be able to claim for this if you have kept receipts.
- Counselling costs – A lot of people have to go through counselling after suffering from an incident that has been traumatic. If this applies to you, you will be able to claim for the cost of counselling when making your accident claim in Epping Forest.
- Loss of income – Unfortunately a lot of people find themselves in a position where they are not able to work. Not everyone is covered by sick pay in such instances. However, the good news is that loss of income actually counts as a special damage.
- Travel expenses – Have you had to sort out alternative transportation whilst you recover? Have you had to spend money on parking at the hospital? All of this counts as travel expenses and can be claimed for.
- Repair costs – Last but not least, the final example of special damages in relation to road traffic accidents is repair costs. This can be the cost of repairing your car, motorbike, bike or anything else.
How to get in touch with us if you want to make an accident claim for serious injuries in Epping Forest today…
Call, text or complete the handy 30 second calculator on our website. This test will give you an estimate of how much compensation you could receive if your claim is successful. The details you need are:
Our freephone numbers are: 0800 689 0500 which you can ring from a landline, or ring 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
You can try the quick and easy 30 second test on our website, http://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/30-second-test
Or why not text ‘Claim365’ to 88010 and someone will phone you back?
Date Published: 30th December 2014
Author: David Brown