If you have a garden, you still need to take care of it in the autumn. It may not be so lovely to spend time in it, but this is the time for upkeep, ready for a beautiful garden next spring.
Here are our top 10 tips for autumn gardens:
- Clear up fallen leaves. You need a spring rake if they’ve fallen on your lawn, and you might have to get into the borders and pick them up by hand. Otherwise they’ll start to rot and make a big mess.
- Have a look at your perennials, and cut back the ones that have died down. This will encourage sturdy re-growth in the spring.
- Check your lawn, and renovate it if necessary. Lay new turf so it will have a chance to settle down and establish itself in this quiet time.
- Go through your gardening catalogues and order seeds for next year.
- Plant your spring cabbages.
- Check your fruit trees, and pick the apples, pears and nuts that your branches will be groaning with by now.
- If your climbing roses need cutting back, now’s the time for some pruning.
- One last mow of the lawn.
- Take fragile plants into the greenhouse
- Divide rhubarb crowns and perennials.
Whether you’re a seasoned gardener or are new to it, you need to take care when gardening, as with any other task. The main things to be careful about is protecting your back, so make sure that you kneel or bend from the knees when tending borders, and being careful of scratches from vicious plants. Wear long sleeves and gardening gloves.
What if your Accident is Worse than a Scratch?
Gardening is generally good for you, with a chance to get out into fresh air, get a little sunshine and enjoy nature. But you have to remember that sometimes you’re handling dangerous tools.
Secateurs and lawnmowers have sharp blades, and if the product is defective these blades can slip unexpectedly and cut feet or fingers badly. People have even accidentally chopped off fingers and toes whilst gardening, which is hardly relaxing.
If this has happened to you and it wasn’t your fault, give our accident claim solicitors a call.
Looking for Selby Accident Claim Solicitors?
Of course you can always choose to pursue a compensation claim with Selby accident claim solicitors. However, you may find it difficult locating a local service so if you cannot find Selby accident claim solicitors come to us at Accident Advice Helpline instead.
The free phone number is 0800 689 0500 and from your mobile 0333 500 0993.
They will help you put forward an accident claim – it can all be done over the phone.
Our accident claim solicitors are part of a UK wide team at Accident Advice Helpline, who are one of the best solicitors in the UK for accident claims.
Try our 30-Second Calculator for instant information on whether you can make a claim, how much your claim could be worth.