How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    School accidents in Oldbury

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Oldbury

    Your university has a duty of care to you just as any school or workplace does, to ensure that students and staff are kept safe and avoid injury. If you are injured at university, you may be able to make a claim for school accidents in Oldbury against the university itself or the staff there.

    In order to make a successful compensation claim, you should think about reporting the incident first so that you have an official record of the incident for evidence. Here are the types of accidents you should report to your university and may be able to claim for.

    Dangerous incidents and school accidents in Oldbury

    If you have been badly injured in a dangerous incident which presents a further threat to other students and staff then you should report this not only so that you have an official record of the incident for evidence, but also to protect other people from suffering worse injuries. Dangerous incidents may include electrical problems and short circuits, broken or weak structures within the university building or hazardous materials.

    Major accidents

    The university should look into any major accidents which have caused serious injuries, so that they can work out what caused them and how to prevent the same thing happening again. Serious accidents include those which result in broken bones or dislocations, loss of consciousness, major loss of blood or any injury where the victim has had to go to hospital.

    Accidents caused by negligence

    Any situation which was caused by negligence on behalf of the staff working at the university should be reported so that the staff member can be investigated and it can be decided if they should continue to work with students.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to make your claim for school accidents in Oldbury

    Once you have reported your accident and feel that you have enough evidence to make an accident injury claim in Oldbury, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or you can text “claim365” to 88010, to get started.

    The friendly team will be more than happy to talk you through the claims process so that you can decide whether or not you want to move forward with a claim. If you do then you will work with an experienced injury lawyer to make your claim, with your lawyer working on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis to ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve. You will be kept updated as your claim progresses, and you may not even have to go to court.

    Date Published: 23rd April 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.