Right through from nurseries to universities, all educational facilities have a legal duty to make sure that all students are safe while they are attending. If they do not and you have an accident while you are there, then you may want to make a claim for school accidents in Bolton, by using the solicitors from Accident Advice Helpline to help you.
They also have to protect any workers such as teachers, cleaners, cooks and any visitors to the premises. If an accident does happen that wasnt your own fault, then you may want to use the services of the lawyers from Accident Advice Helpline to make a compensation claim for school accidents in Bolton.
Accidents that may result in making a school accidents in Bolton claim
There are many types of accidents that could happen, to students or workers, just some of them being:
- A slip, trip or fall accident can happen in many ways. Wet floors without warning signs and stairs with a broken handrail are typical examples of how these accidents occur.
- Electric shocks from faulty electrical items.
- Damaged desks, chairs and other furniture can cause nasty injuries.
- Vehicles in the car parks hitting victims
- Assault or bullying from other students, or members of staff
- Sexual harassment or abuse
- Food poisoning perhaps contracted in the canteen
- Exposure to asbestos causing asbestos related diseases if the facility is in an old building
- Heavy lifting without proper training
There are many more types of accidents that could happen through no fault of the victim, and in this situation they are entitled to claim compensation. If the victim is a child, their parents or guardian should make a claim on their behalf. If this is not done at the time, the victim has until their 21st birthday to make a claim, but if this is some years later, it might be difficult to prove the fault of the guilty party.
Making claims for compensation
No matter what reason you are on the premises of an educational facility, if you are injured in an accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to compensation and Accident Advice Helpline can help you with your quest for this, whether it is for yourself or for your child.
Accident Advice Helpline have been dealing with personal injury compensation claims for over 14 years, we are one of the leaders in the industry and are proud of the high quality service we provide, giving the claimants complete customer satisfaction always putting their needs first.
You can contact our helpline on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, and speak to one of our friendly, professional advisors. You can also ring them from your mobile on 0333 500 0993. They will discuss your case with you, in confidence, give you free legal advice, and start the processes should you wish to proceed. You will be under no obligation or pressure to do so, that decision will be totally yours.
Date Published: 11th July 2014