We hope that nobody is injured being the faultless victim of an accident, however these things happen all of the time, suddenly and unexpectedly. If we lived in an ideal world, they would not happen, but for as long as they do, our Scarborough car accident lawyers will help victims claim their compensation.
But, be aware that there are time limits for making claims, and outside of these, our Scarborough car accident lawyers will not be able to help. They are:
- An accident must have been within the last 3 years
- If the injured party was a minor at the time of their accident, and no one made a claim at the time for them, they have until their 21st birthday to start their claim
- If the accident was on board a ship or plane, it must have been within the last 2 years
- Because of the length of time industrial diseases can take to develop, sometimes up to 40 years, you have 3 years from the date of diagnosis to make your claim
- Crimes of violence have a 2 year time limit
- Crimes against minors, that are not claimed for at the time, can be claimed for before they reach their 20th birthday
In exceptional circumstance, a court can overturn these limitations, but that is very rare. Call the Scarborough car accident lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline and we will give you free advice on your particular injury claim.
The accidents that can happen that make you decide to use the Scarborough car accident solicitors
There are an endless number of accidents that could injure people through no fault of their own, just a few of them are:
- Food poisoning
- Holiday accidents
- Industrial illness or disease
- Faulty product accidents
- Accidents at work
- Car crashes
- Motorbike accidents
- Slips, trips or falls in a public place
- Bicycle accidents
- Being the victim of a violent crime
Any type of accident comes within the scope of personal injury claims, providing it was not your fault.
Getting our help
For over 14 years, Accident Advice Helpline have been giving free legal advice to non-fault victims of accidents and have helped many thousands of them receive the personal injury compensation to which they were entitled after being injured in an accident that someone else was to blame for.
On our website there is a 30-second test which will help you decide if you qualify to claim, and if you do will give you an estimate of the amount you may be awarded.
We operate a conditional fee agreement, more commonly known as ‘no win, no fee*’, you need no money to start your claim, nor if your claim is lost.
Our freephone helpline number is 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. You can speak to one of our highly trained friendly and helpful advisers who are there to help you through the processes of making a personal injury compensation claim. Speaking to them will put you under no obligation to continue, and they will not pressurise you to.