If you reside in Salisbury or any where else in the UK and you are unfortunate enough to be the victim of a violent crime, then you should contact Accident Advice Helpline so they can help you make a Salisbury sue for damages injury claim.
An injury lawyer can help with your Salisbury sue for damages with a criminal injury claim
If this terrible thing has happened to you then you may be able to make a Salisbury sue for damages injury claim and you may be entitled to make a claim to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), providing you have tried to get the compensation from the assailant first. If you do not know who the assailant was, or they do not have the means to pay you, the CICA will consider your claim and an injury lawyer will help you make it.
This organisation, CICA is a government funded scheme that was set up to compensate the blameless victims of violent crime. Payments are available from the scheme for:
- Personal injury following a single incident
- Special expense payments, to cover specific injury-related needs which are not available free of charge from any other source
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral payments
- Personal injury following a period of abuse
- Loss of earnings
The criteria for making a claim
There is a certain criteria you have to comply with to be able to make a criminal injuries claim, for instance:
- You sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured
- The injuries you received must have been severe enough to need medical attention
- The incident happened within the last 2 years
- You reported the incident to the police and helped with their enquiries
- Are a qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
- You must be a British citizen or an EU national with a right to be in the UK
- You were a direct victim of a crime of violence
- You were not to blame for the incident
- You sustained an injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime
Accident Advice Helpline and criminal injuries compensation
The CICA want to be sure, quite correctly, that they only make payments to the victims that deserve it, and this is where you need the help of Accident Advice Helpline. The scheme is complex and time consuming, but we will help you make your claim, we have been doing so successfully for over 13 years now, and we will make the whole process a whole lot easier for you.
Just call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and speak to one of our advisers, you will find them friendly and compassionate and the call will be in complete confidence.
Date Published: 23rd March 2014
Author: David Brown