Sustaining a personal injury in a Ruthin accident at work caused by your employer’s negligence will often have serious consequences. Fortunately, you can take action to relieve yourself of the physical, emotional and financial burdens you have been facing.
Through exercising your right to claim compensation, you will be able to receive the money you need to access timely treatment and rehabilitation. You will also force your employer into reviewing their health and safety procedures, which should serve to make the workplace safer for your colleagues.
What to include in your Ruthin accident at work claim
When you make your claim through the Accident Advice Helpline, one of our 100% no-win, no-fee* solicitors will help you to secure the compensation you deserve. If you win your claim, your Ruthin accident at work settlement will consist of the following losses and expenses:
- Medical expenses – When you file your claim, you will then be able to include all the expenses relating to your medical treatment, such as private medical treatment charges and travel expenses to and from the hospital.
- Rehabilitation – If your injury requires you to seek rehabilitation, you will be able to include the cost of this in your claim. If your rehabilitation is likely to be ongoing, your solicitor will ensure that your claim includes the cost of any rehabilitation you will require in the future.
- Lost income – If you are unable to work because of your injury, you will be able to include your lost wages, bonuses and pension rights in your Ruthin accident at work claim.
How to prove your losses
Your solicitor will help you to make a list of all the losses and expenses you intend to recoup from your employer. However, you will need to help him or her by offering the following documents in support of your claim:
- Medical documents, including photographs of your injuries and written communications regarding your diagnosis and treatment
- Documentation from your employer, including wage slips and letters detailing your time off work
- Expert witness reports, including statements from colleagues present at the scene of your accident and friends and family who have assisted you during your recovery
If you have questions regarding the evidence you need to keep to win your Ruthin accident at work claim, please do not hesitate to call our Freephone helpline from a landline on 0800 689 0500 or call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile (charges may apply for no and request free legal advice from our experienced personal injury team. Alternatively, use our 30-second test and one of our knowledgeable claims adviser will get in touch with you.Open Claim Calculator