How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Runnymede accident at work compensation

    What to do if your new job isn’t right for you

    Sometimes right the way through the application process, through the interview process and even starting a new job, you will think that a position is right for you and want to get into this job. However, within a week , you may come to realise that the job isn’t all you thought it would be, or that you just aren’t settling in, and aren’t likely to either.

    If this is the case then you need to somehow work out how to get out of the job without breaching your contract or making a bad name for yourself within the company or the industry. Here are some of the ways that you can handle this situation.

    • Let your employer know. You should sit down with your employer as soon as possible and speak to them about why you don’t feel that you are fitting in, or that the role isn’t right for you. It is far better to have this discussion in person than to simply send a letter of resignation soon after you start.
    • Look at your contract. Many jobs will start with a probation period and this is for both you and the employer. If you are on probation you should be able to leave with just a week’s notice without going against your contract or leaving the employer in the lurch.
    • Offer to stay longer. Even if contractually you are able to leave right away, as a courtesy you should offer to stay until the position has been filled. Your employer will respect this, even if they don’t ask you to stay.
    • Be honest. Try to be as honest as you can about your reasons for wanting to leave so soon. There may be something that your employer can do to either get you to stay, or to ensure that the next person who comes in wants to stick around for longer.

    How to claim Runnymede accident at work compensation after injury in your new job

    You should claim Runnymede accident at work compensation if you are injured in your new job and feel that your employer didn’t do enough to protect you, or even caused hazardous circumstances which led to your injury.

    Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience with Runnymede accident at work compensation claims and can provide you with experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers, working on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ basis to get you the Runnymede accident at work compensation that you deserve.

    You can call the helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out more about making a claim, and get started right away if you do decide to proceed with your quest for compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 11th September 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.