How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    RTA personal injury solicitors in the UK

    If you have been injured in a road traffic accident (RTA) you may be entitled to compensation if the accident was someone else’s fault. This compensation is paid by the other person’s motor insurance company, or if they are not insured, through a compensation scheme operated by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau.

    You can deal directly with the other person’s insurance company but they will be trying to minimise the amount of compensation that they have to pay to you. It will maximise your chances of receiving the full amount of compensation you deserve if you use RTA personal injury solicitors in the UK.

    Won’t my insurance company get compensation for me?

    Your motor insurance policy is designed to pay compensation to other people if you are to blame for an RTA and if you have comprehensive cover for any damage to your own vehicle. It is not designed to pay compensation to you because that compensation should be paid by the other person’s motor insurance policy.

    The solicitors that are employed by motor insurance companies are defence solicitors. Their purpose is to make sure that they don’t pay out too much compensation to third parties. This ensures that their motor insurance premiums are kept low to ensure that they remain competitive. In effect, insurance companies do not specialise in making compensation claims against other people.

    How can RTA personal injury solicitors in the UK help me?

    RTA personal injury solicitors UK such as those employed by Accident Advice Helpline (AAH) specialise in securing personal injury compensation for the victims of road accidents that were not their fault. You must usually make your compensation claim within three years of the date of your accident. The unique 30-second online test on the AAH website will tell you whether you have a valid claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you have a valid claim, AAH will gather the information required to support your claim, including witness statements where appropriate. Once that has been done, your compensation claim will be presented to the other side.

    The amount of compensation that you will receive cannot be guaranteed, but your lawyer will be able to advise you as to whether the compensation that you are offered is realistic or whether you should hold out for more.

    You will not usually be required to attend court, although you may need to attend a medical assessment to determine the nature and severity of the injuries that you sustained in the accident.

    About Accident Advice Helpline

    AAH’s patron is UK consumer rights champion and veteran TV broadcaster, Esther Rantzen. The law firm has over 200 solicitors nationwide and has been helping people with this type of claim for over ten years. These solicitors all work on a no win, no fee basis which means that you do not need to worry about unexpected legal bills from your RTA personal injury solicitors in the UK.

    There is a telephone helpline that is manned by friendly staff 24-hours a day, seven days a week. You can phone on 0800 689 0500 – or from your mobile 0333 500 0993 – for support at any time.

    Date Published: 23rd June 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.