Have you been injured in an RTA (road traffic accident) that was not your fault? If the answer is yes, then you may well be looking for a specialist injury claim lawyer to help you to raise a personal injury claim for compensation, and if you are, look no further. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we are one of the nation’s favourite injury claim solicitors and are ready, willing and able to help.
The alarmingly high incidence rate of RTA’s
RTAs are one of the biggest causes of death and injury here in the UK. In the year ending September 2012 (figures for the year 2013, are not yet published), the total number of people killed or injured in RTA’s was 184,010. Whilst this is admittedly 7% fewer than the year before, the figure is still alarmingly high, especially when you consider that it included 15,730 children.
Common causes of RTA’s
The sad fact of the matter is that approximately 5 people are killed every day in an RTA accident, the main causes of which are:
- Speeding: approximately 400 people per year are killed in an RTA accident that is associated with someone exceeding the speed limit, or driving too fast for the prevailing conditions.
- Drink driving: over 200 people per year are killed in RTA’s in which one of the parties was over the legal drink drive limit.
- Seat belts: despite the success of campaigns to get people to wear their seat belts, at least 300 deaths per year are attributed to people who did not secure their seat belts.
- Driving without due care and attention: approximately 300 people per year are involved in accidents whereby one of the parties was either reckless, careless, or in too much of a hurry. Of this number, 125 related to cases of aggressive driving.
- Lack of experience: more than 400 fatalities per year involved drivers aged between 17 and 24 years old.
- Losing control of the vehicle: 40% of RTA’s are caused by drivers who lose control of their vehicles.
- Poor judgement: 1 out of every 5 RTAs involves a driver who admitted to not judging the other driver’s speed or path correctly.
Evaluate your claim
If you’d like to know what the standard amount of compensation allocated to any particular type of RTA accident is, you should visit our website and make use of the HOW MUCH injury claim calculator that is located on the homepage. It takes only 30 seconds to supply the six pieces of basic information that the calculator requires to give you a basic estimate.
Our no-win no-fee* service
Our no-win, no-fee* service, as recommended by Esther Rantzen, means that you never have to worry about funding your claim up front, nor having to pay your solicitor’s fees should you lose your case.
To find out more
To find out more speak to a member of our customer service team by accessing our free helpline on 0800 689 0500 from any landline, or 0333 500 0992 from your mobile.