In the UK, there are some roads that are more dangerous than others. There are some roads that are notorious for having black or blind spots on them, one being reported recently where there were two accidents within an hour, causing some serious injuries and deaths.
Recent studies show that you are more likely to have a road traffic accident on country lanes, and 11 times more likely to be seriously injured or killed on rural roads. It is thought this is because drivers are more complacent away from the busy roads, and do not expect to meet other traffic.
Unfortunately, other drivers have just the same thoughts and this can lead to disaster when two come together.
You are less likely to need to make Rotherham car accident claims on motorways
The research also shows that the safest roads are our motorways, something that some people will find surprising because of the amount of traffic on them. But they do not have many of the hazards that other roads have, and the traffic flows differently. The sorts of things that make a difference are:
- Although travelling at speed, the traffic is all going in one direction.
- They are a traffic light free zone, so no one can jump red lights on a motorway
- They are free of islands and junctions which is where many accidents happen when drivers fail to give way, or move off too soon
- There are very few signs to obey, most of them are telling you about the next services, and how far away places are.
- There is usually a spare lane for vehicles in difficulty to pull over onto, generally known as the hard shoulder.
- They are monitored by CCTV so the police and emergency services can get to incidents quickly, not just accidents, but if they see someone acting stupidly they can prevent an accident.
Having said all of this, accidents can happen on any road, and they do, over 13,000 of them every week in the UK.
Using Accident Advice Helpline to help make your Rotherham car accident claims
If you are an innocent victim of an accident and want to make Rotherham car accident claims, you should be getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Over the last 15 years we have made many thousands of successful compensation claims, some for accidents at work, some for slips, trips and fall accidents, some for road traffic accidents and others for any different types of accidents.
This experience has allowed us to hone the processes into a simple, quick and efficient experience, so that when you want to make Rotherham car accident claims, you will have as little stress as possible.
Chatting to our friendly and helpful advisors will sort out any queries you may have about making a claim, and put your mind at rest that you have chosen the right law firm to assist you with your quest for compensation.
To speak to an advisor about you claim call 0800 689 0500 now.
Date Published: 14th December 2014
Author: David Brown