You could be driving along, minding you own business, when another driver comes up behind you far to fast and bangs straight into the back of your car. You could be crossing some traffic lights and a driver comes the other way, smack into the side of your car. Your could be on your motorbike turning into a junction, and there could be a car driver that just does not see you until it is too late to stop and you are on the ground. These are just examples of how Rochdale road traffic accidents happen, there are countless other ways.
Finding out if you are eligible for compensation after Rochdale road traffic accidents
If you are injured in a car crash, and you fit the criteria, you should be making a personal injury claim. The rules you need to fit are:
- The accident must have happened within the last three year
- The accident must have been the fault of someone else
- You must have sustained injuries in the accident
- You must have needed medical attention for your injuries
You do not have to be one of the vehicle drivers to claim compensation, passengers are just as entitled to make personal injury claims after Rochdale road traffic accidents.
The large organisations to be dealt with
It would be very rare for the actual person that caused the accident to be the one that settles the claim. Most accidents are covered by some form of insurance, or are paid out of the funds of the concerns that are exempt from having insurance. It could be:
- Insurance companies
- Local authorities responsible for maintenance of the highways, if the accident has been caused by a pothole or bad road surface
- Motor Insurers Bureau if the other driver turns out to be uninsured, or in the case of a hit and run, untraceable. All insurers that offer motor insurance have to be a member of the MIB, they have to pay them a levy each year and supply them with information for a central database that details all the insured vehicles in the UK. The MIB exists to make sure that injured parties do not lose out because of the lack of insurance on the part of the person at fault
- A manufacturer, if it turns out the accident was caused by something defective, for example the brakes.
Claiming compensation after Rochdale road traffic accidents
If you think you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline. After already having had an accident, you will be stressed enough and we endeavor to make your claim as stress free as possible by ensuring that it is simple, fast and efficient.Open Claim Calculator
You can complete the 30-second test on our website, or you can telephone our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, to speak to our friendly advisors. Either way will let you know if you qualify to make a personal injury claim, and will give you an estimate of what your compensation could be.