Road vehicle accident in Barnsley


What if you sustain injuries in a road vehicle accident in Barnsley and it turns out the insurance of the other driver is invalid? In this situation, your personal injury claim would be referred to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB), who step in in these sort of scenarios so that innocent victims do not lose out on their compensation because of the other driver’s lack of insurance.

All insurance companies that offer motor insurance have to be a member of the MIB, and each year have to pay them a levy based on the turnover of motor insurance they have sold. The MIB then use this money to pay out compensation claims.

The insurance companies also have to provide details of every vehicle they insure, which the MIB keep in a central database. This information can be very useful in some circumstances, such as a hit-and-run accidents.

What if you sustain injuries in a road vehicle accident in Barnsley with a police car or ambulance?

It is illegal to be on UK roads in a motorised vehicle without at least having third-party insurance, which would pay any compensation claims made against you. However, there are certain exemptions from having insurance, mainly government departments and agencies.

The police and other emergency services come under this umbrella, and any claims against them are paid out of the government funding they receive each year.

What if you sustain injuries in a road vehicle accident in Barnsley because of a pothole or bad road surface?

Not all road traffic accidents involve more than one vehicle – it is not unusual for a pothole to be the culprit. It is the responsibility of the local council to repair the roads, and if they fail in this duty and you are injured in an accident caused by a pothole, they would settle the claim.

What if you sustain injuries in any road vehicle accident in Barnsley – how do you claim your compensation?

It does not matter how the accident happened – if you were not at fault, you may be entitled to compensation. It could be that the MIB, the police, the local council or an insurance company deal with the claim – they are all large organisations, with which inexperienced victims can be very concerned about dealing.

But, if you use the services of Accident Advice Helpline, you need have no concerns at all. We deal with such organisations all the time, and have done so the past 15 years’. This has given us the experience that has allowed us to hone the processes to make them simple, quick and efficient, causing you as little stress as possible.

The other concern that many victims have is funding their claim, but we do not require any money to start the work or if the claim is lost. We use the no-win, no-fee* agreement, so funding is taken care of.

Victims can contact us through our website,or by our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Whichever way you choose, we are confident that you will not regret contacting Accident Advice Helpline.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )