How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road traffic injuries in Nottinghamshire

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Nottinghamshire

    It is perfectly natural after the shock of being involved in a road accident to forget exactly what you are supposed to do in the moments following. However, there are a few things that you should remember for your own safety, so that you can work out how badly injured you are and whether or not you need an ambulance or to call the police to the scene.

    It is not always clear cut at the time that you will need to make a claim for your road traffic injuries in Nottinghamshire. However, it is always preferable to err on the side of caution and contact the emergency services and request that a police officer attends the scene than live to regret not doing so later. The police will take the details of the other drivers involved and establish if they have a valid UK driving licence and insurance. The officer may also ask both drivers to perform a breathalizer test.

    Stop for a moment

    Before you do anything you need to work out how badly you might be injured. If you potentially have a back or spinal injury, you shouldn’t try to move at all, and shouldn’t let anyone else move you, so you need to work this out.

    Also, the shock of the accident can mean that you don’t immediately feel the pain of your injuries, so take a moment and breathe, to try to stay calm and work out how badly you are injured.

    Call the emergency services

    Whether you are badly injured or not, you need to report a road accident to the police as soon as you can, and definitely within 24 hours, so it is worth your while to simply get them to the scene.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Not only will this mean that they are there to ensure that everything gets done in the way that it needs to be, and that everyone is safe, they can also put together a police report which will help you to claim compensation for your road traffic injuries in Nottinghamshire later on.

    Making claims for road traffic injuries in Nottinghamshire

    You should be able to make accident and injury claims for any accident in which you have been injured due to the negligence of another person. If you think that you do have a good case for compensation, the best way to go about working out if you have a good case for a claim is to speak to someone who knows better than you do.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or text “claim365” to 88010.  Our team will be able to give you free, no obligation advice so that you immediately know where you stand.

    Date Published: 26th June 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.