How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road traffic accidents in Durness

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Durness

    It is not only the driver of a car that is able to claim compensation because passengers are also able to get compensation for road traffic accidents in Durness. Accident Advice Helpline will be able to assist you to get the compensation that you are entitled to following the accident that you have had. As the passenger of a vehicle you can get compensation even if the driver of the vehicle that you were in was at fault for the accident.

    Claiming compensation when a family member of friend has been driving

    Research has shown that people are less likely to claim compensation if a friend of family was driving the car because they do not want to be out of pocket. The amount of compensation that you get can help your recovery as it could allow you to have valuable time off work to recover rather than trying to work whilst injured, which can make the injuries a lot worse. When you claim compensation the driver will not personally pay compensation because as long as they are correctly insured the insurance company will pay the compensation.

    Can I claim for road traffic accidents in Durness

    It is even possible to get compensation for accidents where the driver was not insured. It is a legal requirement to have insurance for driving however there is still some people driving around without the correct insurance. If the driver of the vehicle that was at fault does not have insurance it is still possible to get compensation but it would need to be claimed from the Bureau of Motor Insurers. This bureau is a company that has been set up in order to ensure that victims of accidents are not left out of pocket due to the negligence of someone else. This company will also take responsibility for compensation for accidents where the other driver has fled the scene or if the other driver cannot be traced for whatever reason.

    Compensation claims with Accident Advice Helpline

    If you have been injured whilst being a passenger on public transport then you will be able to claim compensation as the driver has a duty of care towards the passengers that he carries. You will be able to make a claim for a number of different accidents including public transport and these include collisions with other vehicles, falls due to erratic driving or in the case of buses if the driver pulls away when you are getting on or off the bus and this causes you to fall.

    Making your case for compensation

    Accident Advice Helpline have trained advisors who can tell you if you are able yo make a claim or not. You just need to call them and tell them about your accident. You can call free on 0800 689 0500 or call from a mobile on 0333 500 0993.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 10th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.