How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road traffic accidents in Erewash

    Erewash is a borough in eastern Derbyshire, which encompasses the towns of Ilkston and Long Eaton among others. The latter town gained its prefix “Long” in 1228 because of the length of the town. It is located close to the River Erewash and was once a centre for lace-making which began as a cottage industry. Ilkeston was a more industrial town with a long tradition of mining iron ore and quarrying. By the mid-19th century there were several blast furnaces in the area and later steel was manufactured in the town. Ilkeston’s annual fair is older than the Goose Fair in Nottingham and celebrated its 750th year in 2012.

    Road traffic accidents in Erewash

    Just as in virtually every place in Britain, road traffic accidents in Erewash occur, some minor and others more serious. Derbyshire County Council proudly boasts that there are fewer road traffic accidents in Erewash than in other districts within Derbyshire, which is a good record to have. However, if you have been involved in one of the few road traffic accidents in Erewash, you may be nursing your injuries and thinking about the possibility of making a personal injury compensation claim.

    How do I make a claim?

    In order to file a personal injury compensation claim you must be able to prove that you were not to blame for the accident in which you were injured and also you need to be able to prove that another person was responsible for your accident. To do this you will probably need the help of an experienced personal injury solicitor who is used to handling claims for clients who have been involved in road traffic accidents.

    You must also have your medical report which shows that you received medical treatment for you injury.

    If anyone sustains an injury in a road traffic accident, then the police should be informed and they will appeal for witnesses and write a report, giving you a reference number so that you can follow the results of their enquiry; both the report and number should be available if you are to make a claim for your injuries.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you need help in finding a suitable personal injury solicitor, or with any aspect of your potential claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Call us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of our freephone numbers for expert legal advice and information at any time, including on Bank Holidays. The numbers to call are 0800 689 0500 for landline calls, and 0333 500 0993 for calls from mobiles. Why not call now and find out how we may be able to help you?

    Date Published: 5th September 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.