Road Traffic Accidents in East Riding Yorkshire


The Yorkshire Wolds are in the East Riding of Yorkshire as is the Vale of York, and the towns of Beverley and Kingston upon Hull. There is archaeological evidence to show that Neolithic people settled in the Wolds, as evidenced by the long and round barrows in the area. Two of these barrows date back to 3,700 BC, so there has been human habitation in the East Riding of Yorkshire for thousands of years. If you have visited the East Riding of Yorkshire, you may have visited Beverley (perhaps to go to one of the race meetings) or maybe you just wanted to roam around the old centre which was a tourist place (visited by pilgrims to Beverley’s Minster) since the 12th century. There are still some of the old cobble streets and the 13th century Minster is well-worth a visit even today.

Road traffic accidents in East Riding Yorkshire

If you have been involved in any road traffic accidents in East Riding Yorkshire you may be wondering if you can make a personal injury compensation claim. Perhaps the problem is that you were the innocent victim of a driver who irresponsibly had no insurance (driving without insurance is an offence). However, it is possible to make a claim for your injuries and damage to property if you have been involved with an uninsured or untraced driver (in other words a hit and run driver). However, you don’t have very long in relative terms, to file a claim through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) which handles claims such as yours.

If a driver leaves the scene of an accident without stopping, it is possible that he or she can be traced by looking at CCTV footage as this is used when there are road traffic accidents in East Riding Yorkshire, just as it is elsewhere in the country. This can help the police trace a driver via the vehicle registration number. However, should the police be unable to find the car or driver, then the accident involved an “untraced” driver.

How to claim through the MIB

You must inform the MIB in writing within fourteen days of your accident in order to be eligible to make a claim, and the accident must have been reported to the police. You do, in fact have the statutory three years to file a claim, although, if you are claiming for damage to property, you only have nine months to make a claim. You can file the claim yourself, but the process can be complicated and you really should seek help from an a solicitor with experience in dealing with claims for road traffic accidents in East Riding Yorkshire.

Accident Advice Helpline

If you need help and expert legal advice about a potential personal injury compensation claim or help in finding a personal injury lawyer, call us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of our freephone numbers now. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or, from a mobile, 0333 500 0993. Call now and discover how we may be able to help you.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )