Road traffic accident victims often suffer serious injuries and in fact on average 5 people a day die on UK roads. A terrifying statistic, but when you consider that there are an estimated 10,000 accidents every week on our roads, it is surprising the figure is that low.
In the 1980’s, the cars were slower and our roads much less congested, but then the deaths of road traffic accident victims averaged 15 a day, so the improvement is significant.
Making our roads and cars safer is constantly being worked on, and any reduction is worth the money spent.
Road traffic accident victims can claim compensation if the accident was not their fault
UK law says that road traffic accident victims, as well as victims from any other type of accident, can claim compensation if their situation complies with the rules, which are:
- The accident must have been the fault of someone else
- You should have sustained injuries in the accident
- The injuries should have been severe enough to need medical attention
- The accident should have happened within the last three years
These rules apply to all personal injury claims, no matter what type of accident or what injuries you had as a result of them. There are a couple of exceptions to the three year rule, such as:Open Claim Calculator
- If you were under 18 at the time of the accident, someone should make the claim on your behalf. If they do not, you have until your 21st birthday to make the claim.
- Industrial illnesses can take many years to show themselves, so you have three years from the date of diagnosis.
- On rare occasions, a court on allow longer, but this usually only happens on the case of a mental illness.
How road traffic accident victims can claim their compensation
For most victims, it will be the first time they have made a compensation claim, and many of them are bothered by the prospect. There are many misconceptions like the costs, the time involved and how much hassle it will be.
Using the experts at Accident Advice Helpline dispels all of those fears.
We operate on a no win no fee* basis, so no money is needed to start you claim, and if the claim is lost, you will not owe us a penny.
With regard to the time, no one can promise how long it will take, but not as long as most people think. It depends on how complicated your claim is, how quickly we have the information and if it has to go to court or not. Most of our claimants do not have to attend court, as the majority of claims we are able to settle before they get that far.
As for hassle, when you use our services we will take as much of that off your shoulders as we can. The years of experience we have has enabled us to simplify the processes, to make them as quick and efficient as possible.
Contact us today on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 to find out how much your compensation claim could be worth.