There are more than 200,000 road traffic accidents reported annually in the UK so it’s possible you may be involved in a road traffic accident in Billingshurst. Of course, the actual number could be significantly higher; despite the fact that the UK has some of the safest roads in the world, and has seen a decline in the number of incidents that do occur.
Many of these road traffic accidents occur because of the negligence of road users; if you’re injured in an accident for which you were not responsible, you may be entitled to claim compensation.
Causes of a road traffic accident in Billingshurst
Some of the common causes of road traffic accidents include:
- Speeding. Drivers who disregard and exceed the speed limit, or simply drive too fast in poor road conditions often find themselves the cause of an accident. Injuries caused by this type of accident can sometimes be more serious due to the speed of the impact.
- Drink driving. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs judgement and vision and can slow reaction times, making an accident more likely.
- Removing your seat belt. While not likely to cause an accident in itself, not wearing a seatbelt can mean you’re more likely to sustain an injury.
- Careless driving. Careless, reckless or aggressive driving is proven to cause more than 400 deaths every year.
There are many ways you can help to avoid a road traffic accident. These include:
- Wearing a seat belt
- Following the highway code and applicable road traffic rules
- Staying on the alert while driving
- Keeping a safe distance between yourself and other road vehicles
- Avoid distractions such as mobile phones
- Keeping your car well-maintained and in full working order
Of course, no matter how careful you are, if others are negligent you may still find yourself in an accident. If you’ve been injured in a road traffic accident in Billingshurst and it wasn’t your fault, Accident Advice Helpline may be able to handle your claim.
Working with Accident Advice Helpline
If your accident occurred in the last three years and your injuries required medical attention, Accident Advice Helpline can find you the perfect injury lawyer to handle your claim.
Our solicitors are all experts in the field of personal injury claims. Your case will be handled with professionalism and empathy, and you can be sure we will seek the maximum amount of compensation possible every time. Plus, all cases are handled on a no-win, no-fee basis.
Call us today from a landline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 12th November 2013
Author: David Brown