Road Traffic Accident Compensation


If you have been injured in an accident on the road, and it was not your fault, then you have the right to claim compensation for your injury. Following an accident, road traffic accident compensation claims can be passed over to specialist solicitors who will be able to handle your case from start to finish, leaving you free to concentrate on getting well again.

Can I claim?

If you are unsure whether you can claim, contact Accident Advice Helpline today and take our free 30-second test to see if you are likely to be able to claim. You won’t be obliged to go ahead, but it will give you an indication of whether you are likely to be successful or not.

As a general rule, anyone who has been hurt in the last three years as a result of someone else’s negligence will be able to make a claim. You didn’t have to be the driver of the car at the time of the accident, as passengers have as much right as anyone to claim compensation. In fact you didn’t even need to be in the car, as many of the road traffic accident compensation claims we deal with involve cyclists, pedestrians, or people who were on public transport at the time of the crash.

Why claim compensation?

It is important to claim, not only for your own benefit, but also so that the person responsible is brought to justice and realises the gravity of their situation. By taking them to court for your injuries, they will realise how their actions could have resulted in much more serious consequences for you or someone else, and this will hopefully inspire them to drive more carefully in future.

For you, you should seek road traffic accident compensation because even if you don’t realise it now, you will have been affected emotionally, physically and financially as a result of the accident. Even if your injury seems minor, some injuries, particularly those involving the back, neck, shoulders, or head, can often result in long term issues or niggles that never really go away.

Being involved in an accident can mean you have to take time off work. If you are put onto sick pay, this will usually be considerably lower than your usual rate of earnings, whereas if you are self employed this can result in a 100% loss. Added to this, you may be spending money on taxis to get to and from medical appointments, or having to pay for childcare or other help around the house whilst you are recovering. Making a road traffic accident compensation claim will help you recoup some of these losses and will give you the capital finances you need in order to make a more speedy recovery.

How much will I get?

Every case is individual, so the amount of road traffic accident compensation you get can vary wildly from one case to another. Claims range from several hundred pounds to hundreds of thousands of pounds, depending on the severity of the injuries suffered. At Accident Advice Helpline we work hard to ensure every one of our clients receives the maximum amount of compensation they are entitled to. Call one of our friendly, trained advisers today to see what you could get.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )