Over 1,700 people were killed in reported road traffic accidents in 2013 alone, and although that number is dropping every year it’s still much higher than we’d like. On top of the fatalities, tens of thousands of people are injured each year and in almost all cases someone is to blame for the accident, whether that’s because they weren’t paying attention around them, they were driving inappropriately or their car was in a bad condition. As a professional law firm we’re here to help the innocent victims who are hurt to claim road traffic accident compensation in Huddersfield.
When someone is to blame and your injuries were not your fault you shouldn’t be left to pick up the pieces with no help. We like to think of ourselves as the voice of the people, and we can help you to claim back what you deserve.
What to do when an accident happens
Most of us will have to deal with the aftermath of an accident at some point in our lives, so it’s good to be prepared about what you may need to do. Here are some tips to follow should you ever be involved in an accident:
- Make sure you stop, even if you don’t think anyone is injured or hurt
- Ensure everyone in your car is safe and call an ambulance if there are any obvious injuries
- Exchange details with the other driver. This should include their contact details, insurance details and the registration or make of their car.
- Make sure you stay calm as the accident has already happened so you can’t do anything about it. It won’t help to come out shouting at the other driver, even if the accident was their fault.
- Take photos of the accident from a camera or your mobile phone. This can include photos of the damage to the car, the location or your injuries. These can act as evidence if you choose to make a claim for road traffic accident compensation in Huddersfield.
- Keep hold of any witness details as they can be contacted at a later time to provide a statement which could help you to make a claim.
- Seek medical attention even if you feel fine. Some injuries are not instantly obvious, and some, like whiplash, don’t manifest themselves straight away.
- Call Accident Advice Helpline to discuss your accident and find out if you’re eligible to make a claim.
Claiming road traffic accident compensation in Huddersfield
If you want to look further into making a claim then give us a call for no obligation advice and guidance. You can reach us from your landline on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.
Why wait? Call Accident Advice Helpline now and make your claim as soon as possible.
Date Published: 29th May 2015
Author: David Brown