With so many vehicles on Britain’s roads today, it’s hardly surprising that accidents happen. When they do, they can cause injuries to drivers, passengers and other road users. As a result of this, people sometimes need to claim road traffic accident compensation in Hertfordshire.
It isn’t just drivers and people in cars who can suffer from a road traffic accident, both pedestrians and cyclists can be hurt, and generally they will come out worse from an accident. Both of these types of road users lack the protective metal frame than someone in a car does, which means that if they are hit they have nothing to cushion the blow.
Being a cyclist can be very risky but if you have suffered from an accident due to a negligent or careless driver then we should be able to help you claim road traffic accident compensation in Hertfordshire.
Preventing an accident happening
We wish we could prevent all accidents from happening but due to the sheer amount of road users, this just isn’t possible. However, if you are a cyclist there are some good tips which could help you to keep you safe on the roads:
- Always leave a car doors width distance between you and any parked cars in case a door opens right in your path
- Make sure your bike is always in good condition and your tyres are pumped up well
- At junctions make eye contact with other drivers so you know that they have seen you
- Always signal if you are turning like any other road user should
- Follow the same rules of the road as a car including stopping at traffic lights, and going the right way down roads
- If you’re riding at night ensure you have working lights on the front and back of your bike and you’re wearing light or fluorescent clothing
- Make sure you always wear a well fitting cycling helmet, as if you do have an accident this could save your life
Claiming road traffic accident compensation in Hertfordshire
At Accident Advice Helpline we have over 10 years experience in protecting innocent victims and helping them get the financial compensation that they deserve. We believe that due to our professionalism, experience and expertise, we are the perfect people to speak to.
Our solicitors are specialists within the personal injury industry and we always work on a no win no fee* basis so you won’t have to pay any upfront fees when you make your claim with us.
Our advisors are on hand to give you no obligation advice so there is no pressure to make a claim To find out more, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile and we’ll do everything we can to assist you with your claim.
Date Published: 27th May 2015
Author: David Brown