Road traffic accident claims in Berkhamsted are the most common types of claims that occur everyday here in this town. In fact, injuries sustained from road traffic accidents account for the majority of admissions to Accident and Emergency departments across the nation. Many accidents on our roads are caused through careless driving and collisions at speed which can result in devastating injuries for the drivers, passengers and any pedestrians that are involved.
Causes of road traffic accident claims in Berkhamsted
Road traffic accident claims in Berkhamsted may be caused through any number of factors:
- Driving without due care and attention
- Failing to look adequately before changing lanes or at junctions
- Driving at speeds which are excessive for the road conditions
- Mechanical failure such as loss of steering or brakes
- Failing to stop in time
- Poor visibility due to weather conditions
- Inconsiderate driving – failing to give way at roundabouts or failing to indicate
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Tiredness – falling asleep at the wheel
At the scene of any road traffic accident
If you are involved in a road traffic accident, it is obligatory to stop at the scene and check for any casualties. Under no circumstances should you leave the scene without the consent of a police officer if casualties are involved.
- Make the scene safe. Turn off engines and turn on hazard lights to warn other motorists and road users of the accident.
- Place a warning triangle on the road to ensure that your presence is seen by other road users.
- Reassure any casualties and provide First Aid if required. Ensure that any casualties are kept warm and seek help from the emergency services as soon as possible.
- Ask any witnesses to provide their contact details.
- Notify the ambulance crew of the circumstances of the accident and provide relevant details.
- Exchange insurance, vehicle and contact details with all other parties involved.
Making road traffic accident claims in Berkhamsted through Accident Advice Helpline
If you, or some one you know, have been involved in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years and have been injured as a result, then you are legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim.
To find out more about your legal rights and eligibility to make a no win no fee* claim, simply call the leading experts, the Accident Advice Helpline. They provide a dedicated national telephone helpline to answer your call and provide no obligation advice about making a no win, no fee* in Berkhamsted personal injury claim.Open Claim Calculator
With in excess of 15 years’ experience in the industry, Accident Advice Helpline has a wealth of expertise to ensure that your no win no fee* in Berkhamsted claim is processed with accountability and integrity.
Why not participate online in their 30-second test to find out if you are eligible to make a personal injury claim today? You can do this via our website, or call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 from any landline, or 0333 500 0993 from any mobile. Call us today!