If we have a bad back we get an appointment with a back specialist. If we have a bad liver we go and see a liver specialist. If we are buying a house we consult a house conveyance lawyer.
So, when we have been involved in a road traffic accident that was not our fault somewhere in the UK and we want to claim compensation we naturally want to consult a lawyer that is a road traffic accident UK specialist.
They are sometimes called road accidents UK lawyers. If we are suffering financially because we cannot work at all or cannot work as many hours as we used to, the last thing we can afford is expensive legal fees and advice.
That’s why it is crucial to make the right choices early on in the process. The good news is that it does not cost you a penny to make enquiries into how you can make a claim for compensation. Just follow this sensible advice.
Essential dos for finding a road accidents UK lawyer
- Contact a claims management company like Accident Advice helpline to guide you through the process.
- Contact Accident Advice Helpline as soon as possible so that they can guide you through the process. Don’t worry if it was a while since you were injured as you have up to three years to claim for road accident injuries.
- Tell the friendly, professional advisers all the details of the incident including the types of injury that you have. Take the unique Accident Advice Helpline 30 second test which will help them to work out which injury claims are likely to be successful. You do not have to pursue the claim unless you want to.
- Keep records of any money that you have had to spend as a result of the injury. This includes money that you have lost by not being able to work and any extra costs that you have incurred like having to pay for childcare or travelling to medical appointments.
Essential don’ts for finding a road accidents UK lawyer
- Don’t worry about expensive legal costs. You will be put in touch with one of the national network of many legal partners who are experienced in your type of injury claim. The lawyers work on a no win no fee* basis so if you lose you don’t pay a thing. If you win, the legal costs are recovered from the other party.
- Don’t worry about lots of appointments with lawyers. Most claims can be handled over the telephone and very few cases actually require you to appear in court. You may need to attend one appointment with a doctor for a medical assessment. Of course, the exact amount of compensation that you will get cannot be guaranteed as it varies from case to case.
- Don’t just pick any old claims management company at random; choose one that you can trust. Accident Advice Helpline has been established for over 10 years. They are fully endorsed by consumer champion Esther Rantzen. You will be able to call the advice helpline whenever you need to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 30th November 2012
Author: David Brown