How to treat whiplash
Although whiplash is rarely fatal, it can be serious and it can also be very painful to deal with. Whiplash is one of the top problems that people have to deal with after a road accident in Worcestershire, and is mostly caused by road accidents. If you are suffering from whiplash it is worth going to a doctor to make sure that you are not dealing with anything more serious, such as a spinal problem, but here are some other things you can do to help.
- See a doctor. As mentioned before, even if you are sure that you have whiplash and nothing serious, you should go to a doctor or the hospital to get scans and tests and be absolutely sure that you are not suffering from anything worse. If you are dealing with something worse than whiplash it may be easily treatable as long as you get it diagnosed quickly.
- Find a massage therapist. A massage can help you to get therapy for your soft tissue damage and help you to feel stronger and deal with the pain more effectively.
- See a chiropractor. A chiropractor is there to help you with the bones and ligaments that may have been damaged through your whiplash. Teaming this with massage can help you to heal much more quickly.
- Use ice and heat. Using ice and heat against the areas that are hurting can help to prevent pain and will help to reduce swelling and make your injuries heal more quickly. This will also provide a more natural solution to your pain than taking painkillers all of the time.
- Relax and rest. One of the best ways to feel better and heal quickly is to limit the exercise you do for the first few days after your accident.
What to do after a road accident in Worcestershire
If you have been in a road accident in Worcestershire which was not your fault then you may want to consider claiming compensation against the other driver, in order to pay for medical expenses and any lost wages as a result of not being able to work.
The best way to make a successful claim is to go through a personal injury lawyer, who can make the process that much easier on you. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, to speak to the friendly helpful team about your road accident in Worcestershire.
They will help you to decide if you have a good enough case to make a successful claim and will pass you over to a dedicated personal injury lawyer who will make a start on your claim. Your injury lawyer will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to process your claim, working on your behalf so that you shouldn’t have to go to court, and will keep you updated as the claim progresses.
Date Published: 20th March 2014
Author: David Brown