How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road accident in Surrey

    What to do in case of a minor road accident

    A minor road accident in Surrey is obviously not as troubling as a serious accident in which your car is badly damaged and you are injured. However, there are still things that need to be dealt with after a minor accident, and the situation is still likely to be stressful and upsetting whilst you are dealing with it. Whenever you have a road accident in Surrey, no matter how minor, here are some of the things you can do to make the process easier on you.

    • Get the other driver’s details. Try to get the registration number, as well as the make and model of the car as soon as the incident occurs. In the case of a minor road accident in Surrey the other driver may not stick around and this will make it difficult for you to file a claim or even report the accident.
    • Call the police. Every traffic accident needs to be reported to the police, no matter how minor. Even if the other driver is not interested in pursuing the accident or calling the police, you should do so as soon as you can. The police will be able to deal with everything that happens after this.
    • Only get out of the car if you have to. You are actually safer, after a minor accident, if you stay in the car and don’t confront the other driver. You could be injured by traffic or get into a confrontation if you get out of the car, so stay where you are until the police arrive.
    • Look for witnesses. If anyone witnessed the event then try to get their attention and take their details so that they can stand for you if there is any need to file a claim on your insurance or if the case goes to court for some reason.

    How to claim compensation after a road accident in Surrey

    If you have been injured in an accident which was caused by the other driver, and you have proof that the other driver was entirely at fault for what has happened, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation. You should use an injury lawyer to make a compensation claim as it will make the process easier on you and make sure that you have the best case possible.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone to speak to the team about your road accident in Surrey, and they will talk you through the process so you can decide if you want to go ahead. If you do then you will be passed over to an in house injury solicitor who will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve, and you shouldn’t even have to go to court. Your injury lawyer will work on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ basis as well, so you have nothing to lose.

    Date Published: 14th March 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.