How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Where can i get a road accident report form in the UK?

    Where can i get a road accident report form in the UK?

    Are you searching for a road accident report form in the UK? Road traffic collisions don’t always involve the police, but in some cases, they should be reported even if the police do not attend the scene at the time. The UK is divided into different areas, each of which has its own police force. Since the force in the area where an accident occurs will take charge, you should find the appropriate forms on their website if you need them.

    The Metropolitan Police website presents you with details of five types of road accident report form in the UK and why they are used:

    1. Form 207 is for use when someone wants to report a collision; this is called self-reporting since it occurs when the police didn’t attend the scene.
    2. Form 206 is used when there has only been damage caused to vehicles and possibly to property. This can be used when details have been exchanged by drivers and anyone else involved.
    3. Form 518 and 518a is used when you apply for a collision report. No reports are issued until after the police have completed their investigation.
    4. Form 966 is used by anyone who sees or is a victim of dangerous or careless driving. This form must be submitted within 10 days of the incident occurring, even if you were only a witness to the event.

    How easy is it to get a road accident report form in the UK?

    It is much easier than you might think. If you search for road accident report form in the UK, you will find several links you can look at. Remember to look for the website of the police force operating in the area where you had your accident. This may mean your local police force or a different force if you were away from home at the time.

    Staying safe on the roads

    Of course, the best way to avoid being injured in an accident is not to have one. Yet while most drivers do follow the Highway Code and take every precaution to ensure they are responsible drivers (and riders), there are a few drivers who are not as careful. Reckless drivers and even those who just lose concentration for a split-second can easily cause an accident that leads someone else to suffer injuries.

    Many people think motorways are more dangerous than others roads, yet statistics show that this isn’t the case. Figures on the RoSPA website (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) reveal that in 2014, 982 people were killed on rural roads. That same year, 591 died on urban roads, and 85 were killed on motorways. Slight injuries were far more common on urban roads, with 82,809 recorded – a figure that dropped to 36,229 on rural roads. Again, the lowest figure was for motorway accidents, where 4,950 received slight injuries.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Are some road users more prone to injury than others?

    The first thing to come to mind here is the pedestrian, since they have no protection against a collision if they are struck by any vehicle. Cyclists would also be at greater risk of injury if a collision occurred, since they have little protection against a collision with a vehicle of any sort, even if they are wearing a cycling helmet. In some cases, the police will be called and will attend the scene of an accident, particularly a serious one. However, it is good to know you can easily access a road accident report form in the UK should you ever need to.

    Casualties in cars dropped by 7% between 2010 and 2014 on average, although those who were killed or seriously injured (known as the KSI figure) increased by 1%. Pedestrians saw a drop of 3% in the KSI figure, and the same drop for all casualties, as indicated in a government report. Meanwhile, the KSI figure for cyclists was up by 5% in the same period, while casualties in general dropped by 2%. Finally, motorcyclists were worse off, suffering an increase of 2% in killed and seriously injured casualties, and a 3% increase in all casualties.

    No one wants to have good cause to seek out a road accident report form in the UK. If we all take greater care on the roads, we should see a bigger drop in reported accidents and injuries.

    What should you do if you have already been injured?

    Even if your injury has now healed and you are completely recovered, you still have a chance to seek advice from a personal injury lawyer, providing your injury occurred in an accident within the past three years. Few people start exploring their options for getting compensation to start with – the most important thing is to assess the damage and to be checked out to get treatment for their injuries.

    78% of the traffic in Great Britain today is made of cars. However, accidents can potentially involve other vehicles as well. Whatever happened to you, and however badly injured you were, your next step is to contact Accident Advice Helpline. You can do this without worrying about being obliged to go ahead with a claim if you decide you do not wish to do so. However, you can rest assured, you will receive expert no-obligation advice from our friendly team when you call.

    Call us today for help

    This is easy to do – just call our team today on 0800 689 0500 or ring from your mobile phone on 0333 500 0993 now. This gives you an opportunity to talk to a friendly advisor who can take some details and let you know what you can do next. If one of our lawyers can represent you in a claim, this will be done on a no-win, no-fee basis, so you’re never at risk. We’ll be happy to tell you more when you call. Making a claim could be as easy as downloading the required road accident report form in the UK that you need following your own accident.

    Date Published: 30th August 2013

    Author: Emma Matthews

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.