How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road accident claims in West Oxfordshire

    Personal Injury Solicitors in West Oxfordshire

    Many people struggle with the idea of being signed off from work, feeling as though they may have let their employer down or that they are ‘faking it’ in some way. However, after you have had a serious road accident, you are more than entitled to take a few weeks off from work whilst you recover.

    You need to speak to your doctor about getting a medical certificate which will sign you off from work and also entitle you to sickness benefits and sick pay from your job. A medical certificate may also come in handy when you want to make road accident claims in West Oxfordshire. Here is how you can obtain a certificate from your doctor.

    See them as soon as possible

    Your doctor will get a much better idea of what you are suffering from if they see you soon after your accident and can then write out a medical report right away. This will show them the injuries that you received as a result of your accident, as well as give them an idea of how long it will take for you to get better, so that they can write out a medical certificate.

    Explain your job

    Your doctor may not feel that you do need time off, as if you have a broken bone, for example, you should still be able to work in an office. However, if you work in construction then a broken bone will mean that you are unable to do your job and so will require a medical certificate.

    Let your doctor know what you do and why you feel limited in returning to work so that they get a better idea of why you need to be signed off.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Making successful road accident claims in West Oxfordshire

    If you decide that another person was at fault for your accident, and that you are entitled to make road accident claims in West Oxfordshire, you should get a medical assessment from your doctor and then provide this report to an injury lawyer who will be more than happy to make your claim on your behalf.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or text “claim365” to 88010 to speak to the friendly, helpful team about making a claim, and find out more about the claims process so that you can decide whether or not this is the right step for you to take. If you do decide to go ahead, you will be passed over to an injury lawyer who can make your claim for you, on your behalf.

    Date Published: 24th June 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.