How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road accident claims in Uttlesford

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Uttlesford

    If you are involved in a road accident with another driver, where it is clear that the accident was their fault, you can think about making road accident claims in Uttlesford against this other driver.

    However, if it is very clear that the other driver was at fault for the accident, if they are driving without a proper licence, or are driving illegally in some way, the other driver may not hang around to give their information. It is not uncommon for a driver to try to escape the situation if they know that there is no way for them to get away with the accident that they have had. Here is what you can do if the other driver refuses to swap information, or just drives away at the scene.

    Call the police

    It is an offence not to supply your information to the police when asked, so if the driver has remained at the scene and is simply refusing to offer up their information, it is less likely that they will continue to do this once the police arrive. You need to report your accident to the authorities within 24 hours anyway, so you may as well get the police to the scene instead.

    Note down everything you can

    If you don’t get the police involved, or the other driver leaves the scene too quickly for you to get the police there in time, you should note down everything you can about the driver and their car, so that they can be found later.

    The best thing to write down is the registration number, as this is registered to the person and will give you their name, address and insurance details. You can provide this information to the police, as well, and they can find the person on your behalf.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Making road accident claims in Uttlesford

    You can make road accident claims in Uttlesford if you have the details of the other driver, as well as evidence to prove that you were not at fault for the accident. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or text “claim365” to 88010 to speak to the team about your accident. Accident Advice Helpline has over 15 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims, and works with experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers to help you to get the compensation that you deserve. You can find out more about the claims process and get help deciding whether or not to pursue a claim, as well as getting started on a claim with a professional injury lawyer to help you.

    Date Published: 19th June 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.