How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road accident claims in Tyne and Wear

    If the other driver is driving illegally at the time that you are involved in a road accident with them, it should be much easier for you to make road accident claims in Tyne and Wear against them.

    Even if you were partly at fault for the accident, or it is not absolutely clear who was at fault for what happened, the fact that the other driver was driving illegally means that a court is more likely to take your side in any compensation or insurance claim that you try to make. Here are some examples of what it means to be driving illegally, as well as how you can make a compensation claim after your accident.

    Driving on a provisional licence

    If the other driver only has a provisional licence then they may be considered to be driving illegally if they are driving alone or without another person who has a full driving licence. If the person is driving on a provisional licence and has a driver accompanying them, they should still have ‘L’ plates on the car to show that they are a learner. If any of these rules have been flouted, the driver may be considered to be driving illegally.

    Driving when banned

    If the other driver has been disqualified from driving at the time that they are involved in an accident, they will probably have to have some form of further punishment anyway, and the accident will generally be assumed to have been their fault.

    Driving in a stolen or unsafe vehicle

    Even if the driver has a full licence and is currently allowed to drive in the UK, they can still be considered to be at fault for your accident because they are driving illegally, if the car they are driving is not theirs, or has failed an MOT and is considered unsafe.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Making road accident claims in Tyne and Wear

    To make successful road accident claims in Tyne and Wear, you need to speak to an experienced injury lawyer who is able to work with you on your claim and put together the strongest possible case for a successful claim.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or text “claim365” to 88010 to speak to the team about your accident and the team should be able to help you to decide whether or not you have a good case for a successful claim. If you do then you will be passed over to an injury lawyer who will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to get you the compensation that you deserve.

    Date Published: 19th June 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.