How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road accident claims in South Hams

    You should always call the police to the scene of a road accident, so that you have professionals working with you and the other driver to ensure that you are both safe and that the situation is resolved as quickly and cleanly as possible.

    If you want to make road accident claims in South Hams against the other driver because of your accident, the best way for you to do so is to use the police report in tandem with a medical assessment, to prove what happened in your accident and the damage that was sustained. Here are some of the other things that the police will do at the scene of your accident.

    Compile a police report

    A police report is a valuable piece of information for making compensation and insurance claims, but also simply to help them to investigate what happened and prosecute anyone who needs to be prosecuted. If you know that you were not at fault for your accident, a police report will only be of help to you.

    Close the roads

    Closing the roads means that no other vehicles are likely to get involved in your accident and make things even worse, or cause injuries that have not yet been sustained. It keeps everyone at the scene safe and ensures that you have the chance to deal with the situation without having to deal with traffic.

    Take your details

    Yours and the other driver’s personal and insurance details will be taken to make it easier to get the situation resolved for both of you, claim insurance and compensation and so on. These details will be added to the police report, which you can get a copy of as and when you need.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to make road accident claims in South Hams

    You should be able to make road accident claims in South Hams against the other driver involved in your accident as long as you have evidence which proves that they were at fault.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or you can text “claim365” to 88010 to speak to the team about your accident and find out whether or not you have a good case for compensation. You will be passed over to experienced injury lawyers, working on a 100% no win no fee basis to get you the compensation that you deserve, and may not even have to go to court if the team are able to settle your claim more quickly.

    Date Published: 4th June 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.