How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road accident claims in South Derbyshire

    Personal Injury Solicitors in South Derbyshire

    A road accident can be one of the most upsetting and stressful things that you will have to deal with in your life, and even more stressful than this is when you have to cope with the fact that the other driver has abandoned the scene.

    If the accident was clearly the fault of the other driver, then it will not necessarily be a surprise that the other driver may feel the need to flee the scene, in order to avoid being arrested or having to pay out on road accident claims in South Derbyshire. However, there are things that you can do so that you are not left to deal with everything on your own.

    Call the police

    If you get the police to the scene as soon as possible then they should be able to track down the person that fled the scene much more quickly and easily. If the car has obvious damage then you want to explain this to the police and have them go and find the vehicle as soon as possible before the other driver has a chance to get the car repaired or change it to make it harder to find.

    Take down the details of the car

    Try to take down the registration number and any other details that you can see before the car gets away. Even if you can only get a partial plate number and the make and colour of the car, this will go a long way towards helping the police to track down the vehicle.

    Speak to your insurer

    Your own insurer will be able to pay for the damage to your car and help you to get up and running again as soon as possible. Once the other driver is found, you will be able to get back the money that was spent out by your insurance company without having to wait too long.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to make road accident claims in South Derbyshire

    If you decide that you do want to make road accident claims in South Derbyshire and have enough evidence to proceed with a claim, then you can try calling Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or you can text “claim365” to 88010.

    You will speak to the friendly, helpful team about your accident and they will give you as much information as possible about the claims process as well as helping you to decide whether or not you want to proceed with a claim. If you do decide to go ahead then you will work with an experienced injury lawyer, working on a 100% no win no fee* basis to get you the compensation that you deserve.

    Date Published: 4th June 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.