How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road accident claims in Crawley

    If you know that you have a good case for compensation after a road accident which was not your fault, then you should be able to make road accident claims in Crawley fairly easily.

    However, you don’t have to just stop at claiming for the injury itself, you can also claim for expenses. In order to make sure that the amount of money that you are awarded matches what you have spent out and how much your injury has really cost you, there are a few things that you need to do so that you can put through out of pocket expenses when you put through the rest of your claim.

    Keep receipts for everything

    Anything that you have to spend money on as a direct result of the accident, make sure that you get a receipt and hold onto it for the purposes of your claim. You will need to be fairly savvy about what your money is going on so that you can remember to keep receipts for everything relevant. For example, a taxi to the hospital would count as an expense directly caused by the accident. Prescriptions and medical treatment would also count, as would help around the house.

    Think about mental and physical health

    Although you will probably think about your physical health when trying to work out what expenses you have incurred, you should also think about the impact on your mental health and how you are going to deal with this. If you have to have counselling to get you back on your feet then you should absolutely count this as an expense.

    Consider your loss of earnings

    You may be able to claim disability benefits whilst you are not able to work, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t claim for loss of earnings, particularly if you lose your job as a result of your accident. Your solicitor can best help you to work out what you are owed from this.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to make road accident claims in Crawley

    If you do want to move forward with road accident claims in Crawley, you should speak to Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or you could text “claim365” to 88010.

    Accident Advice Helpline has over 14 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims, and has experienced and dedicated injury lawyers who will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to get you the compensation that you deserve. Not only this, but you will be able to get more information about the claims process and help deciding whether or not you should be making a claim, to make the claims process easier on you.

    Date Published: 16th May 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.