How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road accident claims in County Durham

    Personal Injury Solicitors in County Durham

    There are several things that you should do in the event of a road accident, to ensure that the situation is able to be dealt with swiftly and easily, and that you are able to make any road accident claims in County Durham or insurance claims that you need to.

    Obviously it is natural for you to be stressed and in shock at the scene of a road accident, but after you have taken a moment to calm down it is important that you do all of these things at the scene, or you risk not having a very strong case in the future.

    What you need to do

    Get third party details

    Whoever you were involved in the accident with needs to give you their details, just as you need to give them yours, so that you are able to put these down when you are making insurance and compensation claims.

    Notify the police

    Open Claim Calculator

    You can either call the police to the scene where they can make a police report there and then, or you can go and speak to the police up to 24 hours later to let them know of the accident and who was involved. It is best to speak to the police if there is any dispute about the accident and who was at fault.

    See a doctor

    Injuries from road accidents can often take days to appear, particularly if you are suffering from whiplash or head injuries. For this reason it is important that you see a doctor as soon as you can so that they can check you over thoroughly and provide you with a medical assessment.

    Keep a record of your costs

    This includes things like receipts from taxis to hospital appointments, garage receipts or a note of loss of earnings. All of this can be used to get you more compensation.

    How you can make road accident claims in County Durham

    If you want to make road accident claims in County Durham as quick and simple as possible then you should work with experienced injury lawyers, who know the law better than you and are able to put together the strongest possible case for a successful claim.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or you can text “claim365” to 88010 to speak to the team about your accident and find out more about the claims process. You are under no obligation to proceed after this initial conversation but, if you do decide to go ahead, you will work with injury lawyers on your claim. These lawyers will aim to get your case settled quickly, meaning that you may not even have to go to court.

    Date Published: 16th May 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Location Posts

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.