If you have been involved in a road accident in Brighton, you need to make sure that you do things correctly so that you do not jeopardise your insurance company paying for the damage to your car, or the option of making a personal injury claim. If the other driver was at fault for you road accident in Brighton, the law says they should pay you compensation, so here are a few suggestions on what you should do.
How to behave after a road accident in Brighton
- Your initial reaction will be shock at what has happened, but try to stay calm as losing your temper will not help the situation at all. Getting stressed will just mean you will be less likely able to deal with the things you need to.
- If you are not so badly injured you need urgent medical attention, turn off your engine and get out of the car, if it is safe to do so.
- Try to make sure the road accident in Brighton is not endangering other road users, perhaps put your hazards lights on as a warning to them. If there is anyone around that can safely direct the other traffic around the accident, that might be a good idea.
- Call the emergency services if anyone is injured no matter how minor their injuries may appear to be. Only the medical professionals should make the decision that someone does not need treatment.
- If you call an ambulance the police will attend automatically and want to speak to everyone involved. From the accident scene and the information they are given, they will compile an accident report, which could prove very useful when making your claim as they usually apportion the blame.
- Take details of the other driver, their name, and address, phone number and insurance details would be ideal.
- See if anyone that witnessed the accident is prepared to make a witness statement if required. If they agree take their contact details.
- Get your injuries seen to. If an ambulance has not taken you to hospital, visit your GP, you need checking out by a doctor.
- Make sure you take whatever medical advisce you are given so that your recovery is as speedy as possible.
- Contact Accident Advice Helpline to discuss making a personal injury compensation claim for your road accident in Brighton.
We will make sure that we keep your claim as stress free as possible as you will have suffered enough traumas from the accident, and more stress can hinder your recovery.
Your claim will be handled quickly and efficiently on a no win no fee basis so that even money will not be a worry for you when we help you with your quest for compensation.
Call our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123 and our expert claim advisors will answer any queries you may have about making a personal injury compensation claim.