It can be a dangerous job to have if you work on a building or construction site. You could be involved in any type of accident in which you end up suffering from a terrible injury and if this has happened to you through no fault of your own, then you may be entitled to make an injury claim, by using the Richmondshire car accident lawyers from Accident Advice Helpline.
According to government statistics, there is an estimated 2 million workers in construction, which makes it the biggest industry in the country. That a lot of possible innocent victims of accidents that can happen in a variety of ways, such as:
- Construction site traffic and machinery such as diggers, fork lift trucks and bulldozers can all cause serious injuries if you are hit by one.
- Vehicles making deliveries to site, or taking waste materials aways, are another hazard for workers.
- Scaffolding should only be erected by qualified people, it only needs one bolt to come lose for a scaffolding accident to happen.
- Falls from height are another problem, workers should wear safety harnesses to help avoid this.
- Things being dropped from height are a real danger. It only has to be something small to gain real speed on its way down so that when it does land it can do untold damage. This is the main reason that wearing hards hats on construction sites is compulsory.
- Boards left over holes in the ground for workers to walk over can very easily became dislodged and send a worker downwards.
- Unsafe floors and walls internally are often a cause of accidents because initially they may not be fixed to anything and this can result in very nasty injuries.
These are just a drop in the ocean of accidents that can happen on a construction site, and many of them are not the fault of the injured victim. If this is the case, the victim may be entitled to compensation from whoever was responsible for their accident. and our Richmondshire car accident collators can help them with this.
Making a personal injury compensation claim with our Richmondshire car accident solicitors
If you have suffered any type of injury, from any type of accident that was not your fault, the experts at Accident Advice Helpline are here to help with your personal injury claim. Over the last 14 years, we have helped thousands of claimants get the compensation they deserved, and numerous of those have been construction workers.
On our website there is a 30-second test will let you know if you have a valid claim, and will give you an estimate of the amount you can expect to be awarded.Open Claim Calculator
You could call our freephone number helpline on 0800 180 4123 to speak to one of our friendly and professional advisors, for all the information, help and support you need when making a personal injury compensation claim.