How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Reporting an office accident

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    Reporting an office accident

    What you need to know about reporting an office accident

    Do you know where your workplace accident book is kept? Do you know how to go about reporting an office accident?

    Your employer has a duty to protect you at work, to record any accidents and injuries in an accident book and to allow you time off work if you need it. You may also be entitled to sick pay while off. The amount may depend on your employment contract and may be limited to Statutory Sick Pay.

    If there are serious injuries from an office accident then these must, by law, be reported to the Health and Safety Executive.

    The accident book

    Again, by law, employers must keep an accident book for recording any accidents or incidents in the workplace, however insignificant. By reporting an office accident, health and safety issues can be rectified and adjusted to prevent further accidents.

    The information to be included in the accident book should include the date and full details of the circumstances in which injuries occurred. The when, where and how to put it simply. Details of the injuries and any witnesses should, of course, be included together with any first aid given. The accident book should contain only the facts and not opinions.

    Have you been injured in the office?

    Unfortunately office accidents happen despite our employer’s best intentions to keep us safe. However, if you were not to blame for your accident, then you should claim personal injury compensation. Your employer will have insurance in place to cover such an eventuality.

    You will need to have had medical attention for your injuries and your accident must have happened within the past three years. Evidence to show you weren’t to blame will also be needed and entries in an accident book could support your case.

    To find out more about reporting an office accident and making a compensation claim, you can you can take our 30-second online test.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Here is the important contact information you need. Call and speak to one of our friendly advisors who can get your claim started if you want to go ahead. Even if you don’t, we can give you some free advice that will help you understand how claiming compensation works.

    Call us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re using a mobile phone. Our lines are open 24/7 but if we can’t take your call just leave your name and phone number and we’ll get back to you.

    Put your accident claim in our hands for a successful outcome.

    Category: Office accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.