How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Reporting accidents at work

    Reporting accidents at work will be something you should consider if you’re injured while doing your job and plan to take some form of personal injury action against your employer. 

    Most companies, be they small or medium-sized businesses or large enterprises, will have procedures in place for reporting accidents at work. Failing to adhere to company policy might not exclude you from being able to make a claim with the aid of a top no-win, no-fee personal injury solicitor, but you would always be well advised to make sure you’ve done things by the book.

    It will pay to know what your employer’s procedures are when it come to the reporting of accidents. Many firms will provide training on how to report accidents in the workplace or provide guidance on how to do so in staff handbooks. It will always be a good idea to make sure you’re familiar with this.

    Personal injury solicitors and reporting accidents at work

    Obviously, if you’ve suffered a very serious injury at work that requires immediate and urgent medical attention, reporting accidents at work will not be the first thing on your mind. Where  possible, you should make sure company policy is followed. Your official report of the accident that led to you being injured, may be used as evidence to support your version of events should your compensation claim end up in court.

    As mentioned above, not reporting accidents that happened at work may not mean that you will be unable to take action. If you’ve been injured in an accident that was not your fault while carrying out your duties, you may be able to seek a compensation pay-out regardless of whether or not you completed an official accident report.

    Open Claim Calculator

    An official accident report logged with your employer could go alongside other evidence, such as your medical records and witness statements when you are making a claim.

    If you are able to complete a report, make sure you do so in as much detail as possible. Ensure that your employer does not ask you to sign or agree to anything that might later affect your attempt to claim compensation.

    How to seek compensation

    Regardless of whether you’ve followed your employer’s guidelines for reporting accidents at work you would be wise to contact Accident Advice Helpline to find out if we might be able to give you representation on a no-win, no-fee basis.

    So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 22nd March 2014

    Author: Louise Thacker

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.