How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Report accidents

    If you’ve been injured in an accident that was not your fault you may be mulling over the possibility of launching a personal injury claim against the negligent party. Claiming against the person or persons who were responsible for you getting hurt with the aid of a top 100% no-win, no-fee personal injury solicitor by your side. You may well find that you will need to report accidents before you do so.

    With some types of personal injury, reporting what happened to you might have a significant impact on your chances of winning. With others, doing so might prevent other people suffering the same fate as you.

    Personal injury solicitors and report accidents

    If you’ve been injured in an accident while you were at work, you should if possible report accidents to your employer, making sure to follow its accident reporting procedures. Although this might not have a bearing on your case, you would be best advised to make sure you follow any explicit reporting policies your employer has in place.

    If you’re taking action after being given a nasty dose of food poisoning after eating out at a restaurant or consuming a take-away meal, you might like to get in touch with the Food Standards Agency or the health and satey department at your local authority.

    Again, these steps might not help you win your personal injury case, but they might just protect other people from being injured in an accident that was not their fault in the same way that you were.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The next steps

    Once you’ve decided to report accidents and notified all the relevant bodies that you feel you need to, it will be time to turn your mind to securing the services of a top 100% no-win, no-fee personal injury solicitor.

    If you’ve been injured in the last three years and it wasn’t your fault then you will have a strong case for claiming compensation. You will need to have had medical attention for your injuries because this evidence is essential for a successful claim. Any other evidence you have to support your claim will also be useful and this is why it’s so important to report accidents.

    At this point, it will be a good idea to pick up the phone and call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. We can answer all your questions and give you advice to help you decide what to do next.

    When you do, you’ll be able to find out if the firm might be able to furnish you with one of its personal injury solicitors on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis.

    Date Published: 22nd March 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.