If you enjoy riding a bicycle, then you are not alone. It is fast becoming a favourite pastime in the UK and it does not matter how old you are, from toddlers to pensioners, people are taking to cycling.
Some people are put off this pastime because of the hazards on the roads for cyclists, they do not want to be injured in Renfrew road traffic accidents. Riding a bicycle is the only form of transport allowed on the roads without taking a test first, but this does not mean that riders should not learn the rules of the road. Knowing the Highway Code could save them from a road traffic accident Renfrew.
The ways to reduce the risks of a road traffic accident in Renfrew, and serious injuries:
There are ways cyclists can try and reduce the risk of serious injury from an accident, for example:
- Making sure they keep their cycle well maintained. Brakes and lights are particularly important, and could save them from a road traffic accident in Renfrew.
- Wearing a well fitting good quality helmet. They should make sure they buy this from a reputable dealer, and avoid the many fakes that are on sale. They may be a few pounds cheaper, but they will not give as much protection. They should also make sure they wear the helmet properly, not perched on the back of their head.
- Wear any other protective clothing they can such as knee pads, elbow pads and good cycling footwear.
- Wear something bright and reflective if possible. This will make them more visible to other road users, one of the biggest reasons given by other road users for cycling accidents being that they did not see the cyclist until it was too late to stop.
- Try not to ride next to other road users, this can be dangerous if they fall and take you with them. It also makes it difficult for other road users to overtake, and this can cause them to take risks they should not.
- Keep well clear of parked cars, someone could easily open a door and knock you off your cycle.
- Always be aware of what is going on around you and be prepared to take evasive action if you can.
Avoiding accidents that someone else has caused is not always possible, but if you take as many precautions as possible to protect yourself, you may reduce the seriousness of any injuries you sustain.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline to make your personal injury claim
Accident Advice Helpline is an expert in making personal injury compensation claims, it is all we have dome for the last 14 years and we have successfully helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation they were entitled to.Open Claim Calculator
Call our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They will assist you all they can and start the process if you wish to proceed to claim compensation but they will not pressurise you if you decide it is not the way forward for you.