Road traffic accidents vary in severity depending on the circumstances of the crash, the types of vehicles involved, and the speed of the impact. Even the lightest of accidents can leave a person with injuries. Some injuries from road traffic accidents seem to be more common than others, and there are a vast number of different injuries to virtually any part of the body. Some of the common injuries caused in Redcar and Cleveland road traffic accidents and other road traffic accidents are:
- brain and head injuries, the most common of which suffered by drivers and passengers is a closed head injury, which could be a mild concussion or a very serious traumatic brain injury;
- facial injuries, which can be scrapes, cuts, and bruising to jaw fractures, and in some cases dental injuries;
- back injuries, including a sprain, fracture, strain, slipped disc, or lumbar spine injury;
- neck injuries, such as whiplash and strains, or in very serious cases disc injuries or cervical radiculopathy; and
- psychological injuries, which can be some of the worst injuries although they have no physical symptoms, and include emotional distress which can lead to post-traumatic stress disorder.
Any of these injuries and more could be sustained in Redcar and Cleveland road traffic accidents, and you yourself may be one of these victims. If you are involved in a car accident, you should try to take a photo or draw a sketch of the scene. Try to take the names of any witnesses who can say it was not your fault, and get medical attention for your injuries even if they appear a few hours later. By collecting this evidence and recording your injuries with a medical professional, should you chose to make a personal injury claim in the future you will have a better case.
Claiming compensation after Redcar and Cleveland road traffic accidents
Accident Advice Helpline has over 14 years of experience, and we are one of the leading companies in personal injury claims. Our success rate speaks for itself. We pride ourselves on our efficient and friendly service. Everything we do is on a no win, no fee* basis, making our services available to everyone as we will not ask you for any money to get your claim started, or in the unfortunate event that we lose your claim.
Our advisers are being constantly trained to ensure they are up to date with the current legislation. To find out if you are eligible to make a claim, you can use the website and take the 30-second test, or you can speak to an adviser on 0800 689 0500.
So, if you have been injured in an accident in the last three years and it was not your fault, then call Accident Advice Helpline and get your claim started.Open Claim Calculator