If you are wondering whether you could make a claim for a public transport accident in Northamptonshire, or elsewhere around the country, take a look below at the three main eligibility requirements for starting personal injury claims.
- The accident must have happened in the last three years
- It must not have been your fault
- You should have received medical treatment for the injuries
The three-year time limit for claiming is important, particularly if your accident happened some time ago. It is worth knowing that the timescale can also start from the date on which your injuries were officially attributed to the accident.
How to start a claim with Accident Advice Helpline
There are two ways in which you can start a claim. Which one you choose will depend on how much you already know about the claims process, and whether you prefer to speak to someone.
- Take the 30 second test on our website: this will enable you to get an estimate of the potential compensation award, and literally only takes half a minute. You simply have to input the answers to a few basic questions about your accident, and the compensation calculator can return the estimated figure immediately.
- Call our professional helpline advisors: speaking to someone may help you gain more detailed information about your case in particular. We can confirm that your claim is valid according to the above-mentioned criteria, and answer all your questions about what it means to claim compensation in practical terms. An estimated figure is also available from our helpline staff.
More on claims for a public transport accident in Northamptonshire
How long a claim will take is often at the forefront of a customer’s mind. Some people need to supplement their income if they have had to cut down on working hours, whilst others may require specialist mobility equipment to maintain their independence.
We cannot say with precision how long each claim will take because they all involve varying amounts and types of evidence, so timescales vary greatly between cases. What we can reassure you about, however, is that your claim will be processed proactively by specialist solicitors who all have vast experience of claiming for personal injury.
Claim using no win, no fee
When claiming with Accident Advice Helpline, you will enjoy the added benefit of being able to use the no win, no fee system which enables you to start a claim with no upfront legal payments. Additionally, if the case is lost you will not be liable for your solicitor’s fees.
Call us today on 0800 689 0500 (landline) or 0333 500 0993 (mobile) to discuss your public transport accident in Northamptonshire, and find out if you can claim.
Date Published: 4th July 2015
Author: David Brown